Saturday 31 August 2013

Parwana Afghan Restaurant

Friday night dinner with my aunt and cousin.
Cousin suggests we go to an Afghan Restaurant on Henley Beach Rd.

It always surprises me how multi-cultural Adelaide is. 
The city centre is always full of every fashion, from ugg boots to head scarves.
I love this.
And I love the food that new cultures bring!

Rice Pilaff 

Parwana didn't disappoint.
I was worried there wouldn't be many vegetarian options.
Boy, I was wrong. And it was all super delish! 

Eggplant with tomato and yogurt

Cabbage Dumplings with mince and yogurt sauce

I just wish we had left more room for dessert.
We had rosewater, pistachio ice cream... SO moorish!
The dishes being ordered at some of the other tables looks uberly impressive.
Must return to try them all.. and perhaps some of the Afghan traditional drinks!
I regret not being more adventurous! 


No comments:

Post a Comment